http://healthphone.org – Only a healthy mother can give birth to a healthy child. In order to have a safe pregnancy a mother has to look after her nutrition and have regular medical check-ups.
Get the HealthPhone Food and Nutrition Board (FNB) Mobile App on Google Play: Telugu – తెలుగు
Download HealthPhone Nutrition Mobile Apps Info sheets
Here are a few important tips for her to follow:
1. Register herself at the Anganwadi Centre or health sub centre.
2. Enrol herself to get a Mother and Child Protection Card [ https://hetv.org/pdf/protection-card/mcp-english.pdf ]. This card has all the instructions she must follow for her healthcare and nutrition from the beginning of her pregnancy to the delivery of a child.
3. During her pregnancy, it is compulsory for her to have at least four medical check-ups, which include blood pressure and weight gain checks.
4. She has to take 2 Tetanus (Tetanus Toxoid) vaccinations, once at the detection of pregnancy and one in the following month.
5. To avoid a threat to her health she should take iron and folic acid tablets available at Anganwadi and health sub centres.
6. A minimum of 180 tablets should be taken during the entire pregnancy.
7. It is compulsory to have the childbirth in a hospital with the mother and child spending at least 48 hours there, under care, after the delivery.
The purpose of this video is to create awareness about maternal health during pregnancy. It is intended for the population at large.
This video is available in 18 Languages: Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Garo, Gujarati, Kannada, Khasi, Konkani, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Mizo, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
Produced by the Food & Nutrition Board (FNB), Ministry of Women and Child Development (MoWCD), Government of India – http://wcd.nic.in/